Thursday, October 29, 2009

My title

I changed my story. A little. My previous one was about them spending too much time in the music store and was gonna be late to meet their friend. K so now I changed it to Riley pestering Kay to hurry up as they were going to be late for concert but sadly Kay kept getting distracted. Kay so after that everything stays the same. I showed Alan my really rough storyboard and he said the story is fine but he didn't like the whole no-dialogue thing. Yes this time I mute them which means there is no dialogue. Yeah...he said I should put a little bit of dialogue in it. Yup. My learning contract is ready to go but I'm not gonna submit it yet in case I need to change some part of it.

I also thought about what kind of style I'm going to approach. I was thinking of traditional kind of animation. I'm not gonna use Flash this time I'm trying to go the traditional way (go rae go!)ANd since I'm concentrating on my animation, I was thinking I go for the very minimal coloring. I found some examples done by students from CalArts. Here are some examples.

The Pet Shop



watch the show!


Pin Up or Shut Up


watch it here!

Zoologic (my favorite)




watch it here!

I really like the 'Zoologic' color. I'm gonna have my characters to be all white with a tinge of Pink and Purple for Kay and Riley respectively. What I like about 'The Pet Shop' is their simplicity of color. It only have 1 color with different tone. And I really love the background. I'm still not sure if I should go for 'The Pet Shop' or 'Zoologic' for my background. Still thinking.....

Alan also told me that he might be worried about my characters' body. Right now they have big head and small body. He's afraid that their body might not have the proper physics when I animate it. Well... he asked me to ask Ronald first so that's what I'm most probably going to do before I change my characters.

One more thing Alan asked me to do was think about my title. I don't have a title since I kinda changed my story. Soooo....yes I have to think of a tiltle! It's not called 'The Fall' anymoreee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment